Admissions & Services
For community, by community.
Are you or someone you love facing a life-limiting illness? Our compassionate team at Hospice Vaughan is here to help. We offer a full range of customized and group services to support individuals affected by life-limiting illness, their caregivers and their families. All services are offered free of charge to the community from our team of doctors, medical professionals, knowledgeable staff and specially-trained volunteers. We welcome individuals of all beliefs and customs into Hospice Vaughan and promise to do the most we can to support your spiritual needs.
Hospice Vaughan is a community organization dedicated to giving our clients compassionate care. We offer many services such as our 12-Bed Hospice Residence, Palliative Home Support, and Health Care Navigation to offer the very best compassionate support to the terminally ill, their families and caregivers.
- We provide end-of life-care in a comfortable and private home-like setting
- We offer around the clock nursing and emotional support focusing on quality of life
- Respectful environment for all spiritual, social, and cultural needs
- Provide support and comfort for the caregivers and families
- We offer in-home volunteer support and socialization from specially trained volunteers
- We provide caregiver relief and companionship
- Assistance with daily living activities
- Provides family conferencing, counselling, and advocacy
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Referrals to Support Programs
Referrals to our support programs can be made by the individual, a family member, or another health care provider.
Referrals to Residence Program
Referrals to our Residence program need to be facilitated by an attending physician.
When Can Referrals Be Made
A referral can be made at the time of diagnosis or any time after.
Hospice Vaughan Services
Hospice provides holistic care and support for the individual, their caregivers and their family.
INQUIRIES ABOUT ADMISSIONS TO RESIDENCE
For more information, please contact our Intake Coordinator at:
RESOURCES, REFERRALS, EDUCATION
Residence Referrals require the Palliative Care Common Referral Form faxed to
Community workshops and education offered monthly – check the website for the calendar of events
Referrals made to other community agencies of support
Hospice Vaughan is part of the interdisciplinary community Hospice Palliative Care Team in York Region
Some of our partners include: CHATS, VCHC, Elspeth Hayworth Center for Women, York Region Public Libraries, Amendayus Society and Costi