SUPPORT FOR COMMUNITY, BY COMMUNITY
For those living with or affected by life-limiting illness
Are you or someone you love facing a life-limiting illness? Our compassionate Hospice Vaughan team is here to help. We offer a full range of customized services to support you, your family, friends, and caregiver, as we navigate an end-of-life journey. All services are offered free of charge by our team of professional staff and specially-trained volunteers. We proudly respect your diversity of customs and beliefs. All are welcome.
Hospice Vaughan is a community organization dedicated to giving our clients compassionate care. With many services offered through our new Hospice Residence, Hospice at Home and our Health Care Navigator, we bring the very best in compassionate support to the terminally ill, their families and caregivers.
- Providing end of life care in a comfortable and private home-like setting
- Round the clock nursing and emotional support focusing on quality of life
- Respectful of all spiritual, social, and cultural needs
- Providing support, comfort and care for the caregivers and families
HOSPICE AT HOME
- In-home support provided by professional staff and trained volunteers
- Providing caregiver relief and companionship
- Assisting with daily living activities
- Providing family conferencing and counselling
- Providing individualized support and ongoing case management for individuals diagnosed with a life-limiting illness
- Providing education, advocacy and community referrals to complete a comprehensive circle of care
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
REFERRALS TO SUPPORT PROGRAMS
Referrals to our support programs can be made by the individual, a family member, or another health care provider.
REFERRALS TO RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM
Referrals to our Residential program need to be facilitated by an attending physician.
WHEN REFERRALS CAN BE MADE
A referral can be made at the time of diagnosis or any time after.
HOSPICE VAUGHAN SERVICES
Hospice provides holistic care and support for the individual, their caregivers and their family.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
DO I NEED A DOCTOR'S REFERRAL TO COME TO HOSPICE VAUGHAN?
You do need a referral from you physician or LHIN case manager to access a bed at the residence for end of life care.
WHAT IS THE COST OF HOSPICE VAUGHAN'S PROGRAMS?
There is no cost to any of Hospice Vaughan’s programs, including our 10-bed Hospice Residence.
IS THERE A TIME LIMIT TO OBTAIN SERVICE AND SUPPORT FROM HOSPICE VAUGHAN?
There is no time limit restricting support from Hospice Vaughan. We can support you and your family from diagnosis forward. Referrals can also be made to other supportive health care providers and community agencies.
DOES HOSPICE VAUGHAN ONLY SERVE CANCER PATIENTS?
NO. Hospice Vaughan serves all individuals who are wanting support at end of life regardless of their disease. We support anyone regardless of race, culture, age, or means.
INQUIRIES ABOUT ADMISSIONS OR SERVICES
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT MIKAELA, SUPPORTIVE CARE NAVIGATOR
HOSPICE VAUGHAN RESIDENCE
The new Hospice Vaughan Residence is a hub for palliative care in Vaughan. We provide compassionate care as the end-of-life journey proceeds. This health care facility is the first of its kind in Vaughan and will serve our community for generations to come.
- The new Hospice Vaughan Residence has 10 palliative care beds
- For individuals approaching end of life (generally within the last month)
- Support provided by professional staff 24/7
- Family support provided
RESOURCES, REFERRALS, EDUCATION
Community workshops and education offered monthly – check the website for the calendar of events